Thursday, June 09, 2005

Pretty Pixels

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The waterfall next to the Mendenhall Glacier.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Me outside the theatre. The building extends back and to the left, but ... let's face it: the background is more attractive. My chick-blond hair was unusually puffy and bright that day. The character seeps out of my bloodstream as my roots finally grow back in.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The interactive global warming tourist destination! Cruise ships were charging people $40 to DRIVE from the ship to the glacier. Funny thing is, it's a good twenty minute hike from the car to the ice. Sixty years ago, the ice you see would have been right near the camera lens. No lie.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The home of Jim and Katherine Heumann. Their daughter, Lindsey, was prepping for prom a week before this photo was taken. I don't know how that's relevant, but ... nice place, huh? Note the elderly dog in the bottom corner. I have footage of this dog doing yoga in the morning. Forthcoming.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A closer view of the frog prince. That's velcro under his ass. I was worried that light reflecting off his orb would blind someone, but ... the rest is the stuff of local legend.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My mom and me at the top of Mt. Roberts. A kindly Austrailian tourist took this picture of us.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Halfway up the tram, a view of Juneau and the Gastineau Channel which crosses to Douglas Island. The city actually wraps around the mountains and extends a good distance north.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A half-blind bald eagle named "Justice." I couldn't get a shot of the deformed right eye, but ... I'm sure the parable writes itself.

And I've got lots more as soon as I get my memory stick drive working again. In the meantime, stay tuned for a behind-the-scenes documentary of "Spring Break: Sitka" -- where I have 84 takes of PJ Paparelli in rehearsal saying, "Turn off that fucking camera, Karl! GOD! Why do you kill everything that's beautiful?"

2 comments:

East Coast Alaskan Girl, Retired said...

spring breaaaaaaaaaaak!

did you bring back pie?

you can see my new apartment building in the downtown pic -- the library parking garage is the grey building next to the cruise ship -- and my building is the cream colored one just diagonally across from it.

woot.

Jackal said...

Stunning photos. I was especially drawn to the waterfall. Nature is so very impressive.